In this episode of the Learning from Smart People Podcast with Rob Oliver, Melissa Del Toro Schaffner talks about how to empower young people to pursue their dreams. She has created a coloring book to encourage girls to pursue occupations that are not stereotypically thought of as jobs for women. It is a powerful interview on a topic that is so important.
Here are a few of the high points of this conversation between Melissa Del Toro Schaffner and Rob Oliver:
· Melissa’s experiences on “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?”
· Transitioning from an electrical engineer to an entrepreneur
· Appreciation for people performing analytical jobs
· There is no right or wrong way to become an entrepreneur
· The important thing about your entrepreneurial journey is to start it
· Creating a business that fits with your lifestyle
· Dealing with emotions and mental conditions
· The importance of empowering women
· The creative process of making a coloring book
· One of the motivating factors for starting this podcast
· If no one who looks like you is doing what you want to do, be the first!
· Finding the convergence of your skills and your interests
· How to leave footprints for others to follow
· Breaking down the constructs of limitation
· What does empowerment mean?
· Who needs to be empowered?
· Everybody needs empowerment at some point
· The power of “feelings”
You can find more about Melissa Del Toro Schaffner on her website and social media. You can also check out her podcast.
Coloring Book: https://www.amazon.com/Careers-Little-Sisters-coloring-inspiration/dp/1535332883
Coloring Book (Spanish): https://www.amazon.com/Profesi%C3%B3nes-para-Nuestras-Ni%C3%B1as-inspiraci%C3%B3n/dp/154284200X/
Thanks for listening to the Learning from Smart People Podcast! Please Subscribe, leave a comment and follow us on social media:
· Twitter: http://twitter.com/LFSPPodcast
· Instagram: http://instagram.com/LFSPPodcast
· Facebook: http://facebook.com/LFSPPodcast
· LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/lfsppodcast/
· YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbWV_LuUad7ZWuE9j5D9v-w
You can also use the “Contact” page on the “Learning from Smart People” website: https://www.learningfromsmartpeople.com.
Be First to Comment