Marvin Green joined Rob Oliver on the Learning from Smart People Podcast to talk about how technology builds relationships and communities. Marvin is an IT specialist from Pittsburgh and has some practical understanding of the interaction between technology, values and relationships.
Here are a few of the topics that Marvin green and Rob Oliver discussed in this episode of Learning from Smart People:
· Happy birthday to me!
· Humans are the most important part of the technology set up
· Technology can either divide or connect people
· Video calls allow us a glimpse into others’ homes and lives
· That insight humanizes people
· Values are everything!
· The importance of being helpful and grateful
· IT starts with relationships and ends with results
· Relationships are built more easily with people with similar values
· The definition of “vulnerability trust”
· Actions carry respect and results are what really matter
· Metrics are key to measuring your success in meeting your goals
· The ultimate goal is “culture goals”
· The impact of technological advancement on “real people”
· Relationships require work
· Understanding your “business environment”
· Your numbers tell stories in your business environment brings those stories to life
· The stories are what drives your business
· Answers are directional, not right or wrong
· Technology exists to serve humanity
You can find out more about Marvin Green, his business and services through his website and social media. Take advantage of his offer to do an IT evaluation for your organization.
Thanks for listening to the Learning from Smart People Podcast! Please Subscribe, leave a comment and follow us on social media:
· Twitter: http://twitter.com/LFSPPodcast
· Instagram: http://instagram.com/LFSPPodcast
· Facebook: http://facebook.com/LFSPPodcast
· LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/lfsppodcast/
· YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbWV_LuUad7ZWuE9j5D9v-w