The smart person on this episode of the Learning from Smart People Podcast is Jacqui Letran. She is a multi-award-winning author, speaker and healer. She talks with Rob Oliver about how to take control of your mindset. During the interview she offers insights and advice on identifying where you are and figuring out the steps to get to where you want to be. She is also the founder of Healing Minds.
Here are a few of the topics that Rob Oliver and Jacqui Letran discussed during this episode of the Learning from Smart People Podcast:
· The power of mindset
· Jacqui’s personal story of dealing with depression and anxiety
· The where is your straw concept (have you heard that one before?
· How you can create a shift in your own mindset
· Looking inward instead of looking outward
· My social media is not a true reflection of people’s lives
· Stop comparing yourself to others, compare yourself to you
· There are only 4 problems that people face
· I’m not good enough, I’m not worthy, I’m not loved and I’m not safe
· When you think something, your mind looks for evidence to prove you are right
· Often your beliefs come from trauma (not necessarily major trauma, just negative experiences)
· The importance of self-awareness and keeping an open mind
· Your beliefs create a program in your mind that runs subconsciously
· Fear and avoidance are powerful coping mechanisms
· Awareness is the first step
· Defining where you want to go
· You are the boss of your own mind
· Using affirmations to open yourself to change
· The key to making affirmations work
· Baby stepping your affirmations, aligning them properly
You can learn more about Jacqui Letran through her website and social media. Check out her e-book about 6 ways to conquer your inner critic.
Thanks for listening to the Learning from Smart People Podcast! Please Subscribe, leave a comment and follow us on social media: