On this episode of the Learning from Smart People Podcast, Rob Oliver talks with Julie Guest about how to create a client stampede. Julie is a marketing advisor for companies around the world. She is a regular contributor to media sources such as Forbes, the New York Times and Entrepreneur Magazine. You will hear about how her entrepreneurial journey started when she was in high school. Her book is called “The Client Stampede”.
Here are some of the topics covered in this conversation between Julie Guest and Rob Oliver about how to create a client stampede:
· How Julie and her friend started a business in high school that grew to a 20 person operation
· Why she decided to become a lawyer (and why she decided to move on)
· The one thing that she did that was most helpful in starting her business
· Julie’s story of buying a house at the peak of the housing market
· Why she decided to sell her house on her own and how she did it
· The only thing that matters is there are opportunities everywhere
· Marketing creates its own demand
· The seven steps of the process are the basis of what she does today
· It is not a complicated process!
· People can afford to pay for what they value
· Part of your messaging is to establish value
· The difference between a marketing engine and marketing fuel
· A marketing engine is a system
· Marketing fuel gets used up, a marketing engine has residual value
· Rob gets to sit in the hot seat
· The big results come from honing in on your target market
· Think about additional revenue streams as well
You can learn more about Julie guest and her book “The Client Stampede” through her website, social media links and her podcast. Be sure to get your client stampede opportunity score on her website.
Thanks for listening to the Learning from Smart People Podcast! Please Subscribe, leave a comment and follow us on social media: