Rob Oliver talked with Patrick Murakami about how to exceed your own expectations on this episode of the Learning from Smart People Podcast. Patrick is a serial entrepreneur who grew up in a lower middle-class family and figured he would stay there for the rest of his life. His tagline is “Self Slaughter to Million Dollar!” He has gone from having an unpurposed life to now making up for lost time.
Here are some of the key points that Patrick Murakami and Rob Oliver brought out as they talked about how to exceed your own expectations on the Learning from Smart People Podcast.
· Patrick Murakami’s backstory of how he got started and his downward spiral
· The Beautiful Struggle: how adversity forces us to become more focused
· How a failed suicide attempt became a catalyst for change
· You are 100% responsible for how you react to the things that happen to and around you
· Nothing that happens to you has a value statement attached to it, you decide the value
· Failure is necessary and sometimes failure is the only option
· Sometimes the most valuable lessons, the highest price
· Between our childhood where we dream big and our adulthood, we stop dreaming
· Finding a creative outlet can be beneficial for building a tribe
· Just because you don’t achieve your dream, don’t stop dreaming!
· Starting a business is not necessarily creating a lifelong marriage to that business
· There are many ways to use your expertise and abilities to be a positive influence in the world around you
· No matter where you find yourself, be sure to give back
· Changes happening and provides great opportunities
· Everyone has an ability to do something that will benefit others, we need to figure it out and use it
· Get comfortable sharing your own story and your own journey
· Everyone goes through rough times but it doesn’t mean we don’t have something to contribute
You can find out more about Patrick Murakami through his website and social media links below:
Thanks for listening to the Learning from Smart People Podcast! Please Subscribe, leave a comment and follow us on social media: