In this episode of the Learning from Smart People Podcast, Leslie Hassler talks with Rob Oliver about how to grow your business and reach your goals. She is a speaker, author and business strategist. Leslie helps women-owned, service-based industries to achieve more profits, cash flow and success. Her proprietary method is called the Scaling Rich™ method.
Here are some of the major points covered as Rob Oliver and Leslie Hassler talk about how to grow your business and reach your goals:
· Leslie’s entrepreneurial journey and how she learned the lessons that she teaches (the hard way)
· Going through the struggles of being an entrepreneur creates empathy with the people she serves
· We can learn business lessons from things that are going on around us that are not necessarily business related
· You cannot be static in your understanding of business and be effective
· When we share stories, we make ourselves relatable and anchor our teaching points
· What’s the difference between growing a business and scaling a business?
· The investment into growth has an even exchange, investing in scaling has a higher return on investment
· It starts with figuring out where you want to go with your business
· Growth is about building the foundations, profitability is about maximizing the return on those investments
· There is no “Profit Fairy”
· The six elements of profitability
· Tips for supporting the profit of your business
· Many people fear the numbers, it’s actually just third grade math!
· Reverse engineering profitability is not that complicated
· You cannot make up in volume what you lose in margin
· The things that we are willing to pay more for are culturally based
You can learn more about Leslie Hassler and the Scaling Rich™ method through the links below. Be sure to take advantage of her free download as well.
Thanks for listening to the Learning from Smart People Podcast! Please Subscribe, leave a comment and follow us on social media: