We hear about how to take care of yourself and the planet from Cathy Nesbitt on this episode of the Learning from Smart People Podcast with Rob Oliver. Cathy practices laughter yoga and is an expert in vermiculture. What is vermiculture? You will have to listen to the episode to find out! Cathy is an award-winning environmental innovator who encourages people to live a more sustainable life.
Here are some of the topics that Cathy Nesbitt and Rob Oliver covered in their discussion of how to take care of yourself and the planet:
· When Toronto closed their landfill, they had to start exporting their garbage to Michigan
· Cathy’s solution was to reduce the amount of garbage by composting, indoors no less!
· Composting is turning garbage into gold
· Fear is just the unknown…
· It utilizes the scraps from food preparation, not from plate scrapings
· Worms eat half of their weight in food scraps daily
· Her journey to entrepreneurship started by taking a business course
· The next step was a booth at fairs where she started educating the public
· Her business grew from being completely local to having a web presence and serving people internationally
· The key to staying positive was our introduction to laughter yoga
· Dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin, and endorphins are all released when we laugh, have you had your DOSE?
· Laughter yoga is a form of laughter exercise, like sit ups
· Laughter is a full body experience
· To take care of the planet you need to take care of yourself
You can learn more about Cathy Nesbitt and Cathy’s Composters through the links below:
Thanks for listening to the Learning from Smart People Podcast!
Subscribe, leave a comment and follow us on social media:
You can also use the “Contact” page on the “Learning from Smart People” website: