Rob Kessler talks about how to find your niche in business on this episode of the Learning from Smart People Podcast with Rob Oliver. Kessler is the inventor of the Million Dollar Collar. In this episode, he talks about why he invented the collar and shares his entrepreneurial journey. As an entrepreneur, you will relate to some of his experiences and learn from others.
Here are some of the topics covered as Rob Oliver and Rob Kessler talk about how to find your niche in business:
· Necessity is the mother of invention. Kessler loves to wear a dress shirt but not a tie, how can you keep your shirt from crumbling if you don’t wear a tie?
· You can only go so far googling stuff, sometimes you need to consult a professional.
· Even though his Kickstarter did not get funded, he learned from the feedback
· Consumers will tell you what they want to buy, you just need to listen
· There’s a difference between feedback and criticism
· Don’t focus on problems, focus on solutions!
· Do tons of research on your concept
· Your patent can be a source of revenue
· Your passion is what will carry you through
· A great support network is invaluable
· You might need to take a partner whose strengths match your weaknesses
· The innovator and the implementer
· Never underestimate the power of good customer service
· Customer first, team second, company third
· Integrity is a huge part of life
· Part of integrity is putting out a super quality product
· You can harness the power of influencers
· Kessler thinks that NDAs can be fairly useless
· It’s hard to get investors when you just have a concept
You can learn more about Rob Kessler and Million Dollar Collar through the links below:
Thanks for listening to the Learning from Smart People Podcast!
Subscribe, leave a comment and follow us on social media:
You can also use the “Contact” page on the “Learning from Smart People” website: