John Louizes talks about how to scale your business on this episode of the Learning from Smart People Podcast with Rob Oliver. John is the owner and proprietor of Zeno’s taffy and ice cream shop. It is the world’s most famous taffy. He has expanded from a single store with 3 employees to 9 stores with over 50 employees. A super interesting guy, you will enjoy this interview and learn from it.
Here are some of the main points as John Louizes and Rob Oliver talk about how to scale your business:
· Zeno’s is a family operated business that started in Daytona Beach in 1948
· Having a family run business creates interesting management power dynamics
· Fear is a powerful motivator
· Growth can be a powerful and enjoyable experience
· Lower profit margins from multiple locations can be more profitable than higher profit margins from a single location
· Different generations have different skill sets and visions
· Reactive decisions are generally not good for business
· Identify your constituency and serve them
· Put your website on everything!
· There is no saltwater in saltwater taffy
· Be as creative as possible within your marketplace
You can connect with John Louizes and Zeno’s Taffy through the links below. When you order from the website, be sure to use the code “smart20” to receive your 20% discount.
Thanks for listening to the Learning from Smart People Podcast!
Subscribe, leave a comment and follow us on social media:
You can also use the “Contact” page on the “Learning from Smart People” website:
Be First to Comment