Welcome to episode 100! It’s hard to believe that we have already had triple digits! My guest on this milestone episode is Shabnam Curtis. We talked about the power of sharing your story and listening to other’s stories. Her story is extremely powerful and you will see that she makes a tremendous case for understanding other people’s stories.
Don’t forget, she is giving away 10 copies of her book. You can enter the giveaway by commenting on YouTube, social media or our website (the links are at the bottom of the show notes.)
Here are a few of the points you’ll hear from Shabnam Curtis and Rob Oliver:
- Her story of growing up in Iran and experiencing the Iranian revolution
- Shabnam’s long journey to come to America
- The experience of sharia law and living in a country where women have very limited rights
- A mistaken understanding that marriage equals freedom
- Living with pressures from the outside world
- The difficulties of not accepting the limitations that others place on you
- What motivated Shabnam to share her story
- The power of “ordinary people” sharing their story
- Concepts for placing your story in a larger context
- Understanding the viewpoint of the other characters in your story
- The importance of building compassion
- Turning our focus from self-serving to serving others
- The value of listening to other people stories
You can connect with Shabnam Curtis through her website, blog and social media.
Moby Dick House of Kabob: https://www.mobyskabob.com/
She is giving away 10 books. Make sure that you comment on this video on YouTube, make some comments on social media and make comments on this episode on the Learning from Smart People website. Every comment gives you an entry into the giveaway!
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/LFSPPodcast
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/LFSPPodcast
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/LFSPPodcast
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/lfsppodcast/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbWV_LuUad7ZWuE9j5D9v-w